Categories

Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Nice To be a Penguin

This tutorial was written in PSP9 but can be adapted for any version. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental. This tutorial requires a working knowledge of PSP. I'm using a great PTU scrapkit called "So nice to be a Penquin" from Heartbeatz Creations and you can purchase it HERE. She also has a smaller version of this kit for free too. Thanks Jay for this great kit! Let's get started. Open my template08 (which can be downloaded here on my blog). Shift d and close off the original. Highlight the word winter on the layer palette, go to selections, select all, float, defloat. Pick a paper from the kit, copy and paste as a new layer. Selections invert and hit delete. Selections, none. *I always delete the template layers after filling it in* For each of the circle layers use the above method using papers of your choice or coloring them. I then added a drop shadow to each of the circles and the word winter. The settings I used were: V&H 0,opacity 60, blur 8, color black. I left the white square as it is and added the above drop shadow to it. On the grey square, I did select, select all, float then defloat. I chose the penguin paper from the kit and resized it by 70%. Paste as a new layer, selections invert and then hit delete.I added a drop shadow to this as well. I copy and pasted one of the penguins from the kit and resized it by 70% and placed it ontop of the penguin paper. For the snowflake templates I colored them to match the hat and beak of the penguin. When coloring the snowflakes go to select, select all, float, then defloat. Add a new raster layer and then flood with your color, then delete the snowflake template. The drop shadow I used for the snowfakes is: H&V 1, opacity 30, blur 2 color black. Add whatever embellishments you would like from the kit, I chose the heart,daisy, and daisy charm, resize as needed. Add your name, copyright and save as a jpeg with a white background or as a png with a clear background by deleting the background layer and exporting the merged layers as a png. That's it! I hope you enjoyed this tut.

3 comments:

Jay said...

oh hunnie, i love it! thank you, u brought it to life!

Tom H said...

Deb, I am fasinated by what you do, but it's so far above me, I'd have have a brain transplant to even begin to understand. Your site is always fun and maybe if I try I'll learn some of this...

Tom H said...

Yesh Deb! My comment won't post! All I was sayin was how fasinated I am by your site. It's way above my level, but fun to try your stuff. Thanks..

Post a Comment

Ebates Canada

Search

My CU4CU TOU


All my Cu4Cu products are exactly that. No need to spend money on an extra license. My terms are very liberal and here they are:
These are the may NOT'S

--do not sell/give away the script or claim as your own
--do not use the tubes/selections/patterns/
gradients etc in other projects
--do not turn it into a greyscale template and then redistribute
--No sharing of files, just because you downloaded it doesn't give you the right to share it.

FOR THE TEMPLATES
--Do not repackage as greyscale and resell and do not claim as your own
--Do not turn into a script and then sell it

What you may do:
--You may colorize and use in Cu element pkgs, kits,S4H/S4O.

That's it.
Credit not necessary but always appreciated
Debs Design
www.shilohshepherdbreed.
blogspot.com