Categories

Monday, September 1, 2008

Cherish Tutorial

Photobucket

I used a free scrapkit from Heartbeatz Creationz which you can get from her blog HERE Thanks Jay for this great kit and for the award :)such a nice surprise! Check out Jay's blog for great freebies. I tag for this wonderful lady at the Butterfly Lounge Come and join this great group for tags and fun!

I wrote this tutorial Aug/08,any resemblence to any other tutorial is purely coincidental. I used PSP9 but it can be done in other versions as well. This tutorial requires a good working knowledge of PSP.
I am using the great artwork of Keith Garvey, do not use the same tube unless you have a licence to do so. You can get his artwork HERE
Tube of choice
Mask of choice- I used Mask 09 by Yarrow.
Font of choice-I used Scriptina
Let's Get Started
Open a new image 500 X 500 and flood fill white.
Choose a paper from the kit to compliament your tube. Copy and paste this paper as a new layer.
Apply your mask,on your layer pallete delete mask layer and merge group.
Open the frame from the kit, copy and paste as a new layer.Resize by 85%.
Take your magic wand and click inside the frame, go to selections, modify and expand and expand by 4 pixels.
Take the tube of your choice shift and D to duplicate, and in my case I enlarged the tube by 125% and went to image mirror, to turn her the other way. Then copy and paste as a new layer. Position to your liking. Go to selections invert and make sure you are on the tube layer on the pallete and hit delete. Pull this layer down below the frame layer.On the layer pallete choose overlay.
On the frame layer, add a drop shadow of choice. I used 1,1,50,8 and black.
Take your tube of choice and position to your liking. I placed my tube along the frame on the right side keeping her the same size as the original tube. Apply a drop shadow, I used the previous one.
Decorate with embellishments from the kit. If you use the eyelet ribbon, I placed mine along the frame and then "cut away" the frame by clicking inside the eyelet with my magic wand (hold down the shift key to do both eyelets) Go to selections, modify, expand and expand by two. On your layer pallete highlight the frame layer and hit delete on the keyboard to cut away the frame. Add the above drop shadow to all your embellishments.
Add your copyright and text. I used Scriptina to do my name in.
All done, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ebates Canada

Search

My CU4CU TOU


All my Cu4Cu products are exactly that. No need to spend money on an extra license. My terms are very liberal and here they are:
These are the may NOT'S

--do not sell/give away the script or claim as your own
--do not use the tubes/selections/patterns/
gradients etc in other projects
--do not turn it into a greyscale template and then redistribute
--No sharing of files, just because you downloaded it doesn't give you the right to share it.

FOR THE TEMPLATES
--Do not repackage as greyscale and resell and do not claim as your own
--Do not turn into a script and then sell it

What you may do:
--You may colorize and use in Cu element pkgs, kits,S4H/S4O.

That's it.
Credit not necessary but always appreciated
Debs Design
www.shilohshepherdbreed.
blogspot.com